Business Developer - Energy and Industry
What's the role?
As Business Developer, you will directly report to an Area Sales Manager. Professional knowledge in products and application, services and market are fundamental to the role as key responsibilities involve developing and growing assigned accounts. You will need strong winning mindset to build customer satisfaction, identify new sales potential and turn leads into our customers.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Develop local and global accounts (Owners, Top Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) firms and top local contractors) operating in the Energy and Industrial (E&I) Business (including oil and gas, power, industry) to achieve long-term relationship
- Develop specifications for the accounts’ projects and Hilti’s products & solutions placement in standards & best practices documents
- Accountable for sales development (direct and/or indirect) through specifying Hilti systems and application solutions in all relevant projects of the assigned accounts
- Ensure sales revenue by coordinating with local Energy & Industry Sales team on the projects where Hilti systems have been specified.
- Support the local Energy & Industry Sales team in driving reverse specification or other technical aspects on site
- Lead to increase Hilti share of wallet in the accounts’ projects and ultimately integrate Hilti’s technologies /application in the account standards
- Be as primary Hilti contact and negotiator for the accounts and initiate the relation with the high management level of the accounts
- Accountable for relationship management to external & internal partners related to the accounts strategy to support the E&I Business
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including training opportunities and very good health care plan.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. So, if you have never worked in engineering or supplier, that is fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your previous working background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree from Engineering or Business majors (Civil Engineering and Petroleum are preferable)
- At least 2 years of strong business development or sales experience gained in global companies
- Familiar with working at industrial sites
- Experience in selling industrial technical products is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Dynamic personality with strong winning and high-performance mindset
We look forward to receiving your application. Interested applicants please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
If you have any questions, please, contact HR Team by sending the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”