What's the role?
As a Technical Manager, you will directly report to General Manager of Hilti Vietnam and functionally report to Regional Head of Engineering. In this role, you are in-charged of key components as below:
1. Lead the Engineering team to provide Engineering and Technical solution to customers within the sphere of Hilti’s Competence
2. Develop specification of Hilti products in projects, and execute strategies and activities for the conversion of these specifications to sales opportunities
3. Develop Engineering team members for both short and long career development
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
1. Exercise general management of the Engineering Team for Hilti Vietnam
2. Define and drive Engineering strategy and roadmap in alignment with Regional Engineering roadmap and the Company’s business priorities
3. Present and communicate the Engineering strategy and roadmap to internal stakeholder across all levels in the Company.
4. Analyze and recommend short and long-term programs for specifiers, construction management and engineering departments of customers.
5. Work closely with the Regional Engineering team and Country Head to:
- steer and promote usage of key Engineering productivity tools (CRM),
- define and drive KPIs in the Engineering team
- build competence of the Engineering teams on relevant technical initiatives, and
- support a multi-channel approach for the Engineering Team
6. Identify/ Recommend technical/ value engineering solution (Design and Analysis) in the area of fastening, concrete retrofitting, passive firestop system and direct fastening systems to customers
7. Develop specification of Hilti Anchors, Firestop, DX, and Installation systems in projects, and set strategies and activities for the conversion of these specifications.
8. Develop and coordinate activities in the Key Project with Sales Team in Energy, Power plants, Metro projects
9. Develop specifiers in Government Agencies, Universities, Oil& Gas, Energy and Transportation. Analyse and recommend short and long-term programs in this market segments
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including training opportunities and very good health care plan.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. So, if you’ve never worked in engineering or supplier, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- University graduate in Engineering majors (Civil or mechanical Engineering is preferable)
- Proven experience in construction, either in design offices or at construction sites, with additional Sales or Marketing relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years track record in Engineering leadership role with strong credibility in leading a diverse team and develop team members
- Strong analytical, influencing skills and strategic thinking mindset with the ability to make decisions based on analysis, experience and judgement.
- Dynamic personality with strong winning and high-performance mindset
- Willing to travel domestic and oversea regularly when required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
We look forward to receiving your application. Interested applicants please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
If you have any questions, please, contact HR Team by sending the email to email@example.com
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”